At Bowden Electrical, we are committed to the safeguarding and privacy of our website visitors and customers.
This privacy and cookie notice will provide you with the details of how we collect and process both personal and anonymised data through your use of our site.
- This site uses contact forms to collect basic personal information which will only be used for communicating with you for service provision and record keeping. You will not be added to any marketing mailings and your data will not be shared with any third parties.
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) came into place in May 2018. These regulations mean that you must give explicit consent before signing up to marketing communications. This excludes any communications related to the services provided to you.
- Customer data obtained through communications that you send to us (name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, purchase details, card details etc) are all processed securely to supply the services you have purchased and to keep records of these transactions.
- Data through the use of our website includes your IP address, details about your browser and navigation of this website are recorded through our analytics tracking system. This data is anonymised and is used to analyse the use of our website for the purpose of improvements.
- We may use this data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you, including Facebook or other display ads.
- Where we are required to collect personal data by law or under the terms of the contract between you and Bowden Electrical, any data you do not provide us when requested may result in us being unable to perform the contract/deliver services to you. We may, in this case, need to cancel the contract but you will be notified of this at the time.
- We will only ever use your personal data for the purpose it was collected for, or any reasonably compatible purpose if necessary.
How we collect your data
- Filling in forms on our website
- Browsing our website if you consent to cookie use
- Any data provided over email or telephone
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the following parties, but will always gain consent from you in the first instance:
- Other companies who provide services to, or for us
- Professional advisers including but not limited to lawyers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activity
We require third parties to respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law. These third parties may only process your personal data for specified purposes and instruction.
This website has an SSL certificate in place to ensure it is fully secure when processing your data. We also have internal measures in place to protect your data from being lost, used, altered, disclosed or accessed without the correct authorisation.
Your data is only processed on a need to know basis and will be kept confidential.
Your data will only be retained for the necessary timescale it is required. For tax purposes, we are legally required to maintain basic information for six years after you have stopped being a customer of Bowden Electrical.
You have the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction or transfer of your data. To exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com.
If for any reason you are unhappy with any aspect of how we collect and process your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). We would be very appreciative if you would contact us in the first instance so that we can try and resolve your complaint.
This website is owned and operated by Bowden Electrical Limited.
Registered office address:
8, Verner House, 1-7 Victoria Terrace, Hove, England, BN3 2WB